Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Woot!

I can't believe it ... two girls napping at the same time! And Molly's actually napping in her own bed!!!!!

This is not where I thought our afternoon was going. Kate was awake after lunch and it was getting late for Molly's quiet time so I brought everybody into my bed for stories. Last time I tried this it was a disaster. Kate cried and I couldn't kep her quiet, even with nursing. The crying made the stories less than soothing for Molly. Even when Kate was quiet it seemed way to stimulating for Molly to have her in the bed with us.

Not so today. Kate was relatively quiet, Molly happened to have picked some very short stories and we got through without any problems. Then when it came time to lie down and sleep, Kate wanted to nurse. I asked Molly if she wanted me to nurse Kate in bed or take her out of the room. She wanted Kate there. But then Molly got all crazy, flopping around and kicking her legs and stuff -- usually a sign she wasn't going to be able to sleep. I told her she needed to settle. She said she wanted to go to her room for quiet time instead. Fine. I fell asleep nursing, hearing Molly talking to her toys in the background.

An hour later, I realized I'd been sleeping for a long time. I got up to tell Molly quiet time was over. That's when I found her in her bed, sippy cup cradled in her arms, lights on, fast asleep. Unbelievable!!!

Things are definitely harder with two kids but man, what a rush when things go right!!

No comments: