Saturday, May 14, 2011

Six weeks

Here we are at the point I've been anticipating as the most difficult part of our first few months with the baby -- the six-week peak of fussiness. What a relief to have made it this far!

And guess what. It's been a fantastic day!

Mostly it's thanks to two wonderful ladies who drove a long way to play with our two very lucky little girls (and to give us grown-ups help around the house and some time off).

Kate has defied all logic by sleeping longer at night, despite having a stuffy nose -- her first cold :( Last night she slept from 7 p.m. until a little after midnight, her first 5-hour stretch!

Also, I got to do some sewing yesterday. I mowed the lawn and got groceries on my own today. I'm even wearing my first pair of pre-pregnancy jeans today (and pretending they're not cutting into my waist).

Now both girls are sleeping in their own rooms (though Kate keeps waking up because of her cold), I got a little nap, the house is clean(-ish). What a day!

Thank you, Oma and Beppe!!!



Kate drinking a bottle of breast milk. We've been giving her one bottle a week just to keep her used to it, in case we ever need it. She doesn't seem to mind the bottle, especially when it comes from Beppe.

No comments: