Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Social butterfly

It has been a very social week for little Miss Molly. The neighborhood kids have been playing outside most afternoons. She sees Teddy several times a day. And still she complains that she wants to play more with friends.

Last week Teddy's mom offered to take Molly and Teddy to Drumlin Farm one morning so I could go buy seedlings for the garden. I was so glad for the offer but when the time came to leave Molly, I was really sad. The Drumlin Farm trip has become a tradition for both of us and it made me really sad to send Molly without me. I missed her all morning.

OK, Kate is sleeping (seems like a growth spurt to me) and Molly just came over and said, "Will you play with me?" So I'll keep this very, very short.

Here's Molly in the sprinkler this weekend. It was SO HOT!!!!


This was Molly's request this morning: braids!! We've never done her hair like this before. We both had a lot of fun with the photo shoot.




That reminds me, we did finally make it to the portrait studio to get our family photos taken (hence Molly's new found interest in hamming for the camera). I'll post those photos once I get them on the computer.

OK, one little anecdote and I'm off to play with Molly.

The other day Kate was resisting sleep when she was clearly tired so I was telling Molly how she used to do that, too, (used to???) and asking if she had any insights as to why a baby would do that. She told me, "Maybe it's because she's lonely for your heart."

Oh, one more thing. About Kate. Last night she was cooing and I cooed back to her and we had our first conversation!!! It's very exciting that she's finally waking up a little to her place in the world. She's also getting a little control of her hands. First clue? The other morning she swatted at Molly's face. Awww, so cute.

So we're getting ready for our first big road trip with two girls. After our drive home from VT, when both girls were screaming and waking each other up with their screams, we're a little worried we might not make it. Wish us luck!!!

No comments: