Thursday, May 29, 2008

Busy girl

Molly's stuffy nose improved in a dramatic way at the end of last week, and wow is she full of energy! She took some solid naps Saturday, which allowed us to get a ton of stuff done around the house. (Jim's staining the deck, we both worked on the garden).

Sunday she was all smiles at Lex's birthday party. I let an older boy hold her for the group photo (see the photo on Lex and Eve's blog) -- that was a first. (He was so cute! I told me very solemnly that he would be good at holding her because he has a cat). She also wore her cloth diapers for most of the day, including the 2-hour drive home. Yay!

Her sleep has gotten better this week, too. Like magic, yesterday she remembered how to nap and last night she went to bed really early, around 7:45, and slept straight through to until 6:15 this morning.

The sleep is probably helping her mood more than anything (I know it's helping mine). When she's awake, she's so busy. She smiles at strangers at the supermarket and at the car dealer, especially strangers who don't look at her right away -- she smiles really hard at them until they smile back.

Here's a video of her doing nothing, just sitting and smiling. I think I was eating at the beginning, so this is her "feed me" smile.


2 comments:

AnnaPK said...

Uh-oh she has a feed me smile? Time to start pureeing!
Are you getting a new car?

Julie said...

No new car, the car just needed service ... and I finally got the key remote working again! Yay!

She's definitely ready to eat. I don't think we're going to make it to 6 months. We might try to feed her her first meal this weekend. Wanna help?