Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sleepy

The most surprising thing about being pregnant is how tired I am all the time. I took two marathon naps yesterday and still had no problem collapsing at 10 p.m. and sleeping 10 hours last night.

I have these rare moments when the fog lifts and I feel like myself again, and I run around the house emptying trash cans or doing laundry or cleaning the garage because suddenly I see all the things that need to get done. But usually lately I look at a mess and it makes me want to go sit down somewhere and hide. It's almost like having the flu, except this has been going on for weeks!

The baby is about an inch long right now and it's starting to look more like a person. Its tail is gone and it has wiggly arms and legs, eyelids and earlobes.

I can't way to find out if it's a boy or a girl. It's hard to knit baby things when you don't know (though I already have one sweater done and a second one on the needles).