Thursday, May 17, 2007

9 weeks

Today we hit the nine week mark, and it seems like a good time to start a blog.

We have our first appointment tomorrow morning with a nurse. Our midwife had to change her schedule at the last minute so we won't meet with her until next week. The good news is that we should be far enough along by then that we might be able to hear a heart beat.

In the meantime, we're just hanging in there. Jim says time seems to be going by fast, but it doesn't feel that way to me. I'm still feeling icky about food, still going to bed by 9 p.m. and still getting irrationally angry about things at work. I also feel fat already, even though the baby's only the size of a grape. I've skipped some exercise classes because I'm so tired and I've been devouring random foods that suddenly taste delicious, like beef tacos and egg noodles with butter. I think it makes the baby happy, so I'm just going to go with it.

No comments: