Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Day Off - Preparations Begin

I'll be playing hooky from work tomorrow (actually using a vacation day so I don't think it counts) since there is a useless four hour meeting I'd prefer not to attend. So instead, I'm going to do some shopping. Specifically I'm going to be shopping for some equipment/storage that will be the first step in magically reducing my beloved studio to a small bundle on wheels that will fit in a closet. I tried to convince Julie that it would be a good musical influence to have the baby sleeping amidst patch chords and effects pedals, but she pointed out that he/she/it probably won't get much sleeping done with me banging out arrhythmic renditions of Crazy Train (crazy, but that's how it goes). As far as milestones go, this will be the first home preparation for the olive or kumquat or kiwi, or whatever spheroid it is compared to at this point.

I've heard some interesting stories from the guys at work about the "nesting" instinct. So far, mostly just sleeping, but I'm getting nervous about what I'm going to have to paint, and how many times I'm going to have to paint it.

No comments: