Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Gardening

Jim says I can't use this blog for gardening talk, which is fine because I have a work-related blog for that. (Sharingseeds.com -- You don't have to log in to this one!)
I'm going to sneak in a little bit here, though, because that's really the only news from the past few days. I was feeling sleepy again Sunday I napped pretty much all day. But yesterday I woke up full of energy. The baby let me finish digging up the garden beds, helped me plant all the vegetables and then probably cringed as I struggled to put up a chicken wire fence to keep out the wild rabbits that have been eating everything. My hands are all blistered, I have little cuts on my legs from the chicken wire and I'm sore all over. It was a fantastic day!
I hope some of these veggies make it and I hope that if they do, I'll have the stomach to eat them. One of the big food aversions I've been having is to vegetables. I was getting pretty crazy about nutrition before we got pregnant, so it's very frustrating to be regressing. The books say this is OK. The baby takes nutrients from the stuff that was in my body from before. Some women eat nothing but saltines for the first trimester and apparently this is OK. I hope they're right.

No comments: