Friday, September 3, 2010

Quiet play

We are coming to the end of our second week of doing not much at all, and I think Molly has finally settled into the routine. :)

In fact, yesterday was almost eerie. I hardly saw her all day. She spent all morning and afternoon in her bedroom listening to her preschool CD from Ganny and Pappa, playing with backgammon pieces, making shapes on the floor with beaded necklaces, and I don't know what else. She would head down the hallway to get her sippy cup or something and I would look up from my book a half hour later and realize she was still gone. So I'd sneak down the hall and find her sitting on the floor with barrettes and ponytail holders spread around her and hear her singing along to the 'days of the week' song. OK.

We set up the zebra tent yesterday, but she didn't spend much time in it. I think it freaked her out that I let her eat a snack in the living room.


More independent play.


The kids started school here this week so we've been hanging out at the bus stop in the mornings -- fun for Molly, but I feel like a big dork rushing down there and then just standing around waiting with all the families who actually have kids getting on the bus. Teddy and the other neighborhood kids start preschool next week. In fact, pretty much everybody Molly knows from playgroup is starting school now, except for our buddy Rhys. Molly packed a backpack for school this week (mostly with clothes and her dry erase markers) and keeps telling me, "Tomorrow I go to preschool" and things like that. Poor kid. She's got a while to wait.

1 comment:

AnnaPK said...

This is Lucy's secretary typing for her: "Molly, I love you!"
Then she says "now read more of the blog to me and show me the pictures."