Thursday, September 16, 2010

Return of the activities

We're back to the toddler grind this week. The little kid activities around town are all starting and, after several weeks of doing not much at all, we jumped right in. Now I remember why we don't do all this stuff. It's too much. Plus, Molly woke up this morning with a stuffed up nose. Ugh!

Our neighborhood play group isn't happening this fall because so many kids have opposing preschool schedules, we just couldn't agree on a day of the week. We seem to be making up for it by hanging out with the neighbor kids even more than usual. Molly even played with the two kids across the street the other day without me there, totally unplanned. They called her over and she stayed there for an hour (they have a huge backyard playground and really cool toys) while I did yard work. Very cool.

We also brought Molly to Jim's dentist appointment this week, just to get her comfortable with the place and to prep for the day when she has her first check-up. The friendly hygienist asked Molly if she had any teeth, and she responded by locking her lips shut for the entire visit. I think she came away with a good impression, though. Mostly she liked the toys in the waiting room.

I've been trying to get a video to load of Molly walking around in my high heels. It sparked a discussion about work and where Molly wants to work when she's my age. I asked if she wants to work with animals or people or computers, etc. She got excited about working with numbers. She just figured out how to count to 20, and I think she thinks that's what working with numbers means. I just asked her again and now she says she'd rather work with letters. She doesn't want to be a writer like Mommy, though. She's pretty clear on that.

No comments: