Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Race





Today was the CHaD super hero half marathon in Hanover, NH. I've been told I have to post a couple photos so here you go. For those who aren't familiar with the characters I ran as the Tick and Jeff ran as the Green Lantern. The event set the Guiness World Record for most costumed heroes in one place (something like 1510 people dressed as heros). Best quote of the day was from Jeff (pointing at me) "I can't believe we're in a place where I can't find you in a crowd dressed like that."


Here we are lining up for the start. Don't I look excited to be there? You might need to click on this one to enlarge, but here's a little "Where's Waldo" for you.

Julie and Molly met up with Tessa and Alan. The timing worked out that I just happened to run by while they were getting picked up. I was disappointed that more people didn't manage to keep the costumes going for the whole race.
Molly got to spend some time playing with Lex and Eve
I managed to run the whole race and even beat my time goal so I was quite pleased with the results. Jeff ran the race having spent the last week hiking and camping in Glacier National park and getting only 3 hours of sleep last night. Molly was super well behaved the whole time and even played with some kids at the event. A good (if somewhat sweaty and warm) time was had by all.

5 comments:

AnnaPK said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! We all wish we could have seen it in person!!!

AnnaPK said...

I just noticed that Molly is wearing the coolest shirt I have ever seen! ;)

Thea said...

Good job Jim. I am proud of You. Keep going. Grandma-Beppe

neenie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grampy D & Grammy Lynn said...

Hey Jim, you look adorable. :-) I'm surprised you didn't carry a Lime with you. "Ticks" do spread Lime disease you know. Ha Ha Ha