Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Weekend

If I thought I saw little of Molly last week, I saw even less of her this weekend. From the moment my mom arrived, Molly had her hidden away in her bedroom or outside or I don't know where.

I'm glad we took advantage of this for a date night. We probably could have gone away for the weekend and Molly wouldn't have noticed. :)

We did manage some group activities, including a walk in the woods to the Shaker place in Harvard.

Here's Molly in her standard sippy-cup-hair-twirling pose.

Hugging Grandma on the site of some former holy plaque that calls down the wrath of God on those who desecrate it ... something like that. I think hugs are OK, though, right?


And of course, one of Molly's favorite games lately -- hiding in plain sight.


She runs to this hiding spot behind the shelves, waves her arm in front of her and says, "Find me all around." By this she means you must walk around the living room saying things like, "Is Molly under the couch? No. Is she behind the chair? No." If you go on for too long like this, she points to her chest and whispers "I'm right here." Wait longer and she says it louder.

And when somebody (in this case Grandma) finds her ...


We are grateful to any visitor willing to play this game with Molly. Seriously. Very, very grateful.

2 comments:

AnnaPK said...

Lucy still hides sometimes by curling up on the floor with her hands over eyes and forehead on the ground. We call it the ostrich. :)
Can't wait to see you guys and wool wool wool!

Thea said...

I still see her big smile when we played hide and seek. You are a sweethearth Beppe