Friday, April 11, 2008

Sick, yet again

You know it's going to be a rough day when the baby wakes up with a stuffed nose, struggles through a feeding and then vomits it all up again -- all before Daddy's alarm goes off at 6:30 a.m.

We were all up late last night trying to get Molly to sleep. Was it the cold starting? Teething? Who knows? I've had this cold for days and I could hardly keep my eyes open. Then when she finally went down, I couldn't sleep. I'm trying to avoid nasal decongestants because I don't want my milk supply to dry up. This is brutal!

Now the two of us are a sad scene. She makes awful congested noises when I put her down in her crib, so I'm letting her sleep on her side on the Boppy in my lap. This is fine, except the sound of me blowing my nose startles her awake every time, even if I do it quietly. Coughing is bad, too. So I'm just sitting here try not to let the tickle in my throat get the better of me.

I know children get a lot of colds, but why am I catching every virus that's floating around? Ugh! I can't wait for the cold season to be over.

1 comment:

AnnaPK said...

You can take a decongestant just drink some extra water and your milk will be fine. It's hard to nurse when your nose is dripping on the baby. :)