Monday, April 21, 2008

First kiss?

I had Molly on the floor in my lap this afternoon at our next door neighbor's house, and her youngest son Teddy (almost 2) was very interested in "bee-bee-bee-bee" (translation: baby). He pointed at her face, poked her ear, swiped at her head and generally played with her in his toddler way.

Molly watched him with wide eyes, talked gibberish at him, grabbed his shirt and touched his hair.

Teddy must have taken this as encouragement, because at one point he leaned in toward her with open lips -- baby kiss! It was all cute and innocent until I realized he was aiming for her lips. And there was my little baby with her little open kiss mouth waiting for him to plant one on her.

I'm not sure if they actually connected before we pulled them apart. There's a fine line between cute and creepy.

The other silly moment of the afternoon was when Teddy's 5-year-old brother walked up to Molly and me while we were nursing and asked, "What does Molly have in her mouth?"

2 comments:

AnnaPK said...

ah yes, nursing in front of older children. Probably one of the most akward things ever!
I am glad to see Molly is establishing herself as the neighborhood hottie! :)

Tessa said...

One of my daycare girls liked to "help" hold the bottle when I fed the daycare baby. One day when I was nursing Eve, she came over and "helped" hold my breast. Weird! She's only 3 so I know it wasn't weird in her mind, but still weird to me. She was a very touchy-feely girl.