Wednesday, April 23, 2008

4-month check-up

Molly had her 4-month doctor visit today. She weighs 16 pounds, 6 ounces. She's 26 inches long and her head is 16 inches. That means we're back on the growth charts. According to Baby Center, her weight is 75th to 90th percentile. Height is 90th to 95th. Yay!

The only weird thing was that her temperature was 0.1 degrees below a fever. She seems fine to me, but the doctor said we should probably wait a couple days to do her shots so we're going back Friday.

There are so many tiny developments every day that it's hard to keep up. Two days ago she stayed in a sitting up position on the changing table without tipping over. We've been trying it on the floor, and she can hold the position for a few seconds now (before she would fold forward until she squished her belly and cried). I tried to get a photo, but I was a little too slow.
















Also, yesterday she was sitting in my lap holding my hands and she stood herself up. She did it again today. Usually I have to pull her up to a standing position.

These are not the milestones you read about in baby books, but they're pretty exciting for me!

No comments: