Monday, February 11, 2008

So far, so good...

Today was a big day for me ... not because I was worried about taking care of the baby on my own, but because it was my first real day on the job as a stay-at-home mom. What if I don't like it? It's a little too late to make a different career choice.

Fortunately it wasn't so bad. We missed play group this morning because there were no cars outside the house that was hosting this week, and I didn't unpack the baby to find out why. Maybe it was canceled, or maybe nobody wanted to bring their babies out in the cold. I certainly didn't. Instead Molly and I got back into bed under the warm flannel sheets and snuggled. That sure beats driving to an office!

As a total coincidence one of my old coworkers called just as Jim was getting home, so I had some office stories to swap over dinner, in addition to the overly detailed account of Molly's naps and moods. But the highlight of the day was when Molly woke up from one of her naps, saw me looking at her and burst out a gigantic smile! Sometimes you just want to hug a baby til you squish her. :)

No comments: