Saturday, February 2, 2008

Good stuff

The mini era of baby insomnia seems to have ended. Last night was our best sleep ever. I think by any definition it counts as sleeping through the night. Around 10:30 p.m. I handed her to Jim in frustration because my efforts to nurse her to sleep in bed weren't working. Daddy magic finally got her to sleep and I zonked out. She started making noises around 4 a.m., but didn't really wake up until 6 a.m.! That's basically the hours I used to sleep before the baby came. Sweet, sweet sleep. So wonderful.

Also, a couple new developments:

Molly is growing so quickly that the clothes I packed for her for Rochester didn't seem to fit her once we got there. I tried putting some 3 month clothes on her and they were only a little big. Now they fit her perfectly. Some almost seem a little snug. When we got home I packed away a bunch of newborn size clothes. That happened so fast, I thought maybe I shrunk everything in the wash. Our little girl is growing up!

She's also getting slightly better at using her hands. She still doesn't seem to have much control, or even awareness that she has hands, but she's suddenly able to get them to her face more often and to pull things toward her mouth. She also has grown fond of sucking her fist, with big slurping sounds. It may be only a matter of time before she finds her thumb.

1 comment:

AnnaPK said...

Do you want me to send you some bigger clothes? As we get into 6 month size stuff I have mostly summer clothes, but some pants and lots of onsies.