Thursday, February 7, 2008

Little monkey

Sometimes Molly wakes up from a nap and it's as though she's grown into a bigger person in a matter of hours. This morning she woke up with super baby strength. She's been holding herself up even more when I carry her, and today for the first time she kind of gripped me with her arm like a little monkey. She's been doing it all day and it's the cutest feeling. It's kind of like a hug!

The last couple nights have been rough, but I have a new addiction that makes it tolerable: ravelry.com. It's a Web community for knitters. You post photos of all your projects, then look at photos of other people's projects, including projects you'd like to knit. There are zillions of discussion groups and profiles of people, information about yarn shops. I've spent hours and hours clicking around and knitting vicariously through other people. I set up my computer right next to my big nursing chair, so once I sit down I can stay there for hours, perhaps days without ever moving ... as long as Jim's still around to bring me water and snacks. He starts back to work Monday and I don't know how we're going to survive without him. It's hard enough for me to sneak a shower in now. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Grampy D & Grammy Lynn said...

Alan's Dad says.....Julie my dear, clearly you entering the world of parenthood, which is synonomous with insanity. As demonstrated by your fascination with things that ravel. Those of us who have previously unraveled can recognize the symptoms. Don't worry the trip is the most fun you'll ever have.
Lynn says when baby sleeps, after Jim is back to work, is when you can do whatever.
Luv u guys.

Tessa said...

Baby hugs are the best.

AnnaPK said...

I have found that clean hair just doesn't seem important anymore once you are a mommy.

Baby hugs, and eventually kisses, are the best things in the whole world! Sometimes nothing can make you feel better, but a baby hug or kiss is like a soothing balm on your heart.

Stories of a cute little monkey niece are just what we need around here, thanks!