Thursday, September 15, 2011

First pick-up

I was expecting an exhausted and stunned little girl to meet me at the end of her preschool day. Instead a peppy, happy kid came running out of the classroom to give me a giant hug. She wanted to stay and play, although it wasn't too hard to steer her out of the room. As the little stories about her morning are unfolding it sounds as though she had a good time. I'm glad we don't go back until Tuesday, though. I think she'll need the weekend to process everything. Anyway, we survived the first day. BIG sigh of relief.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

They grow up so fast! I know that feeling about missing them and missing what they are doing all day. Suddenly they are having experiences without you and making friends you don't know and it's all very scary. Several years later it's still a little scary!

I'm glad she had fun though! That makes it all easier and at a least reassures you that you made the right decision.