Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pregnancy emotions

Note to self ... don't read "The Giving Tree" to your daughter when pregnancy hormones are pumping through your veins. Poor Molly wanted to know why Mommy was crying and blowing her nose over a story that's about a boy and a tree (and how children grow up, sniff sniff), and her sweetness made it even harder for me to get a grip. Oh, I'm going to start crying again now! Ack!

So anyway (deep breath) we had another super smooth midwife appointment this morning. Then we dropped off a bunch of stuff at Salvation Army and -- my favorite new find -- recycled a bunch of old electronics at Best Buy. I love their program. They take almost anything! We've made two trips already and will be back with more. They even take monitors and CRTs and give you a $10 gift card to reimburse you for the disposal fee -- burned through two of those already. And they're so friendly about all of it. I feel like kind of a weirdo walking in with dirty old junk and walking out without buying anything, but they don't seem to mind. :)

It feels so good to be cleaning out the house, especially the basement. I sorted a bunch of clothes for Molly last night and discovered a few of the neighbors' old dance leotards that have kept her occupied all day. Ah, simple pleasures.

1 comment:

AnnaPK said...

NESTING!!!!!!! Dave asked yesterday when I would start throwing stuff away. :)

Lucy cannot have enough lepotards and twirly skirts. She has outgrown one and just yesterday I looked at and thought I think I will send this for new baby cousin to play dressup in someday. :)