Friday, April 23, 2010

Ocean

Grandma came to visit this week and we finally got to go back to the ocean with her and see a lighthouse, something Molly's been talking about since winter. We went to Halibut Point State Park in Rockport, which is a little because to get to the ocean you have to walk around a big quarry lake with no railings. She stayed right on the path, though, and I don't think I traumatized her too much with my fretting.

She stared at the crashing waves for a long time, then got up, turned toward us and waved her arms over her head and did a dance with wooshing sounds like waves. It was really cool. She also danced at lunch when she was eating. I think she had a good day.

We're still not sure what's happening with her sleep -- whether she's really giving up naps or just avoiding them. A couple times this week she took normal-ish naps, but then had trouble falling asleep at night and woke up early in the morning. That's a bad sign, right?

Yesterday she fell asleep in my lap in the living room without a diaper on, so I carried her into her own bed. She woke up two hours later dry and happy! Not what I expected. Then last night she woke me up crying several times, which hasn't happened in a long time. In the morning she woke up about 45 minutes before her night light and through some miracle she stayed in her bedroom playing until the sunshine turned on (you could hear her whispering songs to her dolls, it was really cute).

Every day her sleep is different. I think I'm having a harder time with the routine changing than she is. I miss my naps!

No comments: