Sunday, April 18, 2010

Big girl

We converted Molly's crib into a bed yesterday. I was afraid of what would happen with the new freedom, but she had a great first night. I went in a few times to soothe her and pick her water cup up off the floor but she didn't get out of bed once (at least that I know about) from the time I kissed her goodnight until the sunshine light came on at 6 a.m. Here she is this morning talking about it.



It's a good thing night sleep is going well because nap time is a nightmare. Molly has decided she doesn't like to nap. We'll lie in bed for an hour and she just quietly talks to her fingers and plays with her doll and stays awake. I lose patience, we debate, we finally give up on trying and then she is a wreck all afternoon. This was the worst day, last Wednesday I think. She skipped her nap and was crying, bumping into things, making constant demands, wanting to be held, etc. until around 4:30 when I finally snuggled with her on the couch and she fell asleep on my lap. She didn't wake up when Jim came home and took her into his lap. He ended up rolling her over to sleep onto the chair so he could change out of his work clothes. I don't think we've seen her nap in this chair since she was a baby.


Around 6:30 when she was still asleep I carried her to her crib. She didn't wake up until 6 a.m.

I have this fantasy that with her new bed she'll start napping there, or at least playing quietly in her room, and I won't have to fight so much. I'm not holding my breath.

Other random stuff from the week:

Molly in the dress she picked and with her hair done for her little music class. She likes to dress up for that, for some reason.



Baking with Daddy on Saturday morning.



Here's my favorite of her new interests -- writing! I like how she makes her "letters" so tiny and in straight lines across the page.



Sometimes she'll "read" her pages of letters to me if I ask -- usually it's a song to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle with the words, "saba saba saba sab, saba saba saba sab."

1 comment:

Tessa said...

She is so cute!!! A lot of Eve video's end with her wanting to watch the movie too :) Congrats on the big girl bed. What would happen if you told her to stay in her room for quiet time in the afternoon? Close the door, walk away. Maybe give her a timer or put a sticker on the clock so when the big hand gets there she can come out. Maybe try a few times with short breaks, like 10 minutes. See how she does :)