Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The tofu blues

Molly's been a grumpopotamus for the past 24 hours or so, and I think tofu might be to blame.

She's 7 months old today and I started giving her some mushed up tofu as her new food Monday, which my book says is a good thing to start for babies at 7 months. Well, this is the first food we've tried that doesn't seem to be sitting well in her tummy. She is uncomfortable, so much so that yesterday she woke up early from her mid-day nap after about 15 minutes and hasn't been able to sleep well since. She was up every two hours last night and I had to try two or three times at each waking to get her back down. The lack of sleep makes everything worse. She falls over a lot, hits her face with toys, bumps her head into things ... there's been a lot of crying around here.

So no more tofu. I was planning to take her out somewhere fun today to celebrate 7 months, but alas I will spend another month mark trying to stay awake and hoping I might get a shower if I'm lucky and the baby ever sleeps again.

On the plus side, Molly discovered today that she can crawl out of one room and into another. It's the first time I've seen her crawl any distance away from me rather than toward me. She's also been giving a lot of kisses this morning and making happy coo noises. When she's up, she's up. I just hope her tummy gets back to normal soon so we get more of that and less crying. Poor baby.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Think she's gassy from it? It is a bean product after all and could probably cause gassiness. I hope she feels better soon!