Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ew, maybe it's time to clean

Molly was putting her foot in her mouth on the changing table today when I noticed black dirt on her cheeks and all over the bottom of her foot. Ick!!! Now that she's moving off the blankets I strategically placed around the house, I'm racing around trying to keep ahead of her -- not so much baby proofing, but cleaning. These floors are gross!

It freaks me out the way our routines have changed in just a day. Usually in the morning at some point I set her on a blanket in the living room and go to the kitchen to get breakfast. She cries when I go around the corner out of sight and generally complains until I come back. Well yesterday, she didn't cry. He leaned forward onto her hands and crawled toward me!

This morning I looked down while I was brushing my teeth, expecting to see her on the blanket in our bedroom. Nope. She had crawled over (surprisingly quickly) and was right at my feet.

The cute thing today is she's having trouble moving from carpet to hard floor. I think the hard floors bother her bare knees, or maybe she can't move forward without digging her toes into the carpet. For whatever reason, she follows me as far as the edge of the carpet, then stalls there. She sits up, leans onto her hands, twists around and looks like she's trying to crawl but she doesn't move forward. What a goofball!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe your baby's movin'.
Now life gets really interesting.
Enjoy it, she's beautiful