Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cruising

Um, I just totally swore in front of the baby.
I was sitting here posting a message to my diaper sewing forum (my pathetic little obsession) and the baby was sitting quietly playing with her toys on the blanket on the floor on the OTHER SIDE of the ottoman from my chair.
I looked up and she was standing on the short end of the ottoman and cruising toward me. This means she pulled herself up to standing, then cruised around the corner and down the edge of the ottoman, navigating over the wrinkles on the blanket and the (hard!) toys at her feet.
So I said, "Oh, s**t!"
As I'm writing this she's still cruising around -- she cruised over to my side of the ottoman (one fall and I picked her back up), over to my laptop on a stool and now onto the chair, where she is cooing and putting the drawstring from my shorts in her mouth.
Well, I didn't know she could do that!! (The cruising ... she's been putting drawstrings in her mouth for a long time).

1 comment:

AnnaPK said...

I am sure it wasn't the first time, and even if it was, I am sure it won't be the last time you swear (at or) in front of her. :)