Monday, July 14, 2008

This is what I find now when Molly wakes up.

Just a few days ago I came in to find her on her hands and knees in the crib, which was cute. Then one day she was sitting up, which was even cuter. Then this morning at 1 a.m. she woke me up because she was sitting up in her crib and needed me to lay her back down. Less cute. Then this morning, standing. I peeked in, hoping she might roll over and sleep for another 45 minutes (her naps go in 45-minute cycles and she rarely does more than one cycle). Not likely now that she seems to stand up the instant that she's awake. Ugh!

We had a fun weekend, considering we didn't do much. Molly and her daddy hung out together Saturday morning so I could go to an aerobics class -- the first one since the baby was born almost 7 months ago!!! I've been paying the membership and feeling really depressed about not being able to go. I really thought I would be back within a month or two of Molly's arrival, but it's a two-hour production for me to drive there and back and do the hour-long class, and the weekend classes happen in the morning when Molly does a lot of nursing. Now that she's eating solids it's finally possible. It felt great!

Jim spent most of the weekend baby proofing the house. He installed the baby gate and anchored furniture to the walls -- just in time, too. This morning Molly pulled herself up on the dresser in her room.

Molly's been incredibly busy. Her crawling is much smoother already, but she does it only when she really needs to get somewhere. The thing that she wants to practice from the minute she opens her eyes until she's so tired she breaks down is standing. She pulls herself up on everything -- living room furniture, her toys, laundry baskets, people. She likes to transfer from one thing to another, and she likes to drop things and try to bend down and pick them up.

There's a cute little game she plays when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning, too. She crawls toward the bathroom door just far enough so she can see my reflection in the full-length mirror. Then she looks at me in the reflection, then in real life, then the reflection, then real life and gets excited about it. We got a mirror at Home Depot this weekend to screw to the wall in her room so she can play with it whenever she wants.

A couple more pictures from the weekend:

(Molly started out sitting in the living room on this one -- she crawled across the floor and pulled herself up on this toy and stood there playing with it).

(We love her little mouth faces).

No comments: