Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Silly tricks

I finally got a photo of this -- Molly sucking on her toes. Sometimes she gets both feet in at once.

Poor little girl woke up around 11:30 last night, just as the thunderstorm was rolling in to break the heat. Earlier in the evening, her daddy rocked her to sleep and reports that she fell asleep upright, holding herself up with her hand on his chest!

The other big news of the week is I left Molly with my neighbor and her boys while I went to pick up lunch for us. It was totally unplanned -- I just handed the baby to her without even a hat on her head and got in the car. I was gone only about 15 minutes, but it felt like forever! I rushed into her house expecting to rescue my crying baby. There was Molly sitting on in her lap with the boys gathered around her, happy as can be. I was so relieved (and secretly a little disappointed that she didn't need me as much as I thought).

New tricks: I've witnessed Molly roll over from tummy to back three times now. Also, I saw her once go from sitting on her bum to holding herself up on hands and knees without falling on her face first -- big improvement! She's also been reaching for things to hold herself up when standing, such as her crib or the ottoman. And sometimes she lets go of one hand to reach for a toy. Her balance is getting good -- and I'm getting scared!

1 comment:

AnnaPK said...

Yeah for both of you! :)