Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Note to self...

Pack an extra shirt for Mommy in the diaper bag.

We had Molly's 6-month check-up yesterday and everything is great. However, the medical assistant who took Molly's measurements was new and a little nervous. (She declared Molly to be 70 inches tall and measured her head at an inch less than it was two months ago -- fortunately Molly was patient and let her measure again).
When the assistant took Molly's temperature, somehow the baby peed over the open diaper and onto the exam table underneath. No problem. That's why there's paper there.
So I pick her up to let the woman clean up the puddle and, of course, I feel something warm and wet through my shirt. Silly mommy should know better -- put the diaper on first!
I spent the rest of the appointment hugging a receiving blanket to my waist. (sigh).

The good news is Molly handled her vaccine shots very well, with hardly any crying, and that's the last big round of shots for several months! Yay! She's got little bruises on her thighs this morning, but that's nothing new around here -- she looks just like Daddy after karate.

We had a good night last night. Molly woke up just once and I got her back to sleep without feeding. She's taking a nice, long nap this morning. Maybe I'll take one, too.

No comments: