Monday, July 16, 2007

Secret's out!

I broke the news at work today. The response made me very happy. There was a lot of shrieking and grinning and hugging, which I somehow didn't expect. Everybody wanted to tell stories and share advice and talk about baby names. It was a crazy day.

Jim told his friends at work Friday, so that's it. No more secrets. Everybody can go ahead and tell everybody, and I don't have to remember not to tell certain stories in certain places. Phew!

Also, I don't have to hide my little belly anymore -- which fortunately nobody at work noticed.

I was feeling really pregnant last week so I dug out all the maternity clothes Anna is letting me borrow -- there's so much stuff!! Anna, thank you!!! Whatever I buy extra will go right in the bin and back to you, or whoever needs belly clothes next.

Jim was at karate Friday night, so I decided to take the baby and do pregnancy-related things, primarily browsing maternity stores at the mall. It made me realize how far I have to go until I actually look pregnant. Everyone in there had big bellies and all the clothes look like they're made for month 9. I felt like the clerks were looking at me with suspicion.

I made a great purchase, though. I got a Bella Band. It's a stretchy spandex loop that goes around your waist and lets you wear your regular pants unzipped without them falling down. I tried it on with my regular khakis, which still fit but so tight the buttons dig into my skin. The relief was kind of like undoing your pants after a big Thanksgiving meal, and then being able to walk around like that without anybody knowing. It was fantastic. If I think of it when Jim's around, I'll get a picture to post. It's about time for the first belly shot anyway.

1 comment:

AnnaPK said...

Today's poat has me totally cracking up! Thosee clothes that you think are huge and for 9monthers, just wait! You'll be wishing you fit in them at 9 months, that is what all of those tent-like, ugly t-shirts in the bin are for! :0