Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Good test results

We just found out this afternoon that the quadruple test -- a blood test that screens for Down syndrome, spina bifida and a couple of other bad things -- came back "fine." Yay! That means no need for amniocentesis or any of that other unpleasant stuff. Just a healthy baby.

The next big milestones will be telling my boss (probably this week), the ultrasound (two weeks) and feeling the baby move (hopefully sooner rather than later!)

Every little step of the way I feel a little bit more relaxed and it becomes a little bit more real that this little person is coming to live with us in a few months.

I had a weird dream the other night that Jim figured out a way to take the baby out of my belly just to play with it, just for a little while, then he could put it back so it could finish growing. We had so much fun holding the baby, then I thought to myself this would be a good time to check to see if it's a boy or a girl. In the dream it was a girl.

I guess there's a 50-50 chance that the dream was accurate. In my waking moments, I still tend to think of it as a boy.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Glad your results came back positive. We miss you guys!! Hope you're getting your energy back and enjoying the process :) We found out that Vunder is having a baby too. They are due in Feb. Babies everywhere!