Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ear infection

Every time Kate's up for an hour or two in the middle of the night I vow to call the doctor the moment the office opens in the morning. Then the sun comes up, she seems fine and I feel silly bothering the doctor for something so minor. Then I kick myself the next night when I'm up rocking the baby again.

Yesterday I finally made an appointment and made the kids wait through an excruciating hour in the overheated, crowded doctors office. I'm glad I did, though.

The doctor didn't think much of my reflux theory but he did discover that Kate has an ear infection. He also asked a lot of questions about her stuffy nose, which seems to be a chronic problem for her, especially at night. We're going to go back in a couple weeks so he can check her again.

It occurs to me that she might just be getting one cold after the next, which is why the stuffiness never goes away. Molly's got yet another cold (she was sniffling and planting kisses all over Kate in the exam room -- no doubt about where the germs come from). I'm sure I'll have it soon, too. Ick!!

At least neither kid seems to be slowed down by any of this. Yesterday Kate started a little bit of real crawling along with her scooting. She may really crawl after all!

1 comment:

AnnaPK said...

Ear infections are the worst because they can't or won't in the case of Freddy, tell you that they are hurting and they are up all night crying because it hurts when they lay down.

Henry is on his second or third cold too. Right now he keeps sounding like he is losing his voice. He sounds both funny and sad.