Thursday, June 23, 2011

Playing

I've had some time lately to do craft projects. First, a little something for Molly ... this is a twirly skirt inspired by one Anna made for her (which is still her favorite article of clothing).

Here's the one from Aunt Anna.

And here's one made out of shiny gold fabric that Molly picked herself, a fabric I never would have even considered. It was pretty strange to sew. Metallic threads were falling off the edges.


Here's the project Molly and I have been working on for weeks. It's a baby gym made out of dowels, based on a blog post I read. It should have been super simple but I ended up breaking a drill bit, flinging wood across the room and generally making a mess of things. Molly helped with sanding and finishing and sewing the toy holders.

It came out all wobbly and the toy hangers looked too long. But Kate actually likes it!! It marks a little milestone for us. Kate plats with toys!!! (And I have a new way to distract her while we eat dinner!)

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Those are beautiful skirts! You and Anna are so crafty. You have very lucky girls :)