Friday, April 22, 2011

Good morning

I had the girls by myself for a couple hours this morning (Jim had a dentist appointment) and it went way better than I expected. Kate took a nap (finally!!!) and I was able to take a shower and get a bunch of other stuff done. Maybe it's just that if Jim was here I would have been sleeping instead. Doesn't matter. It feels good, anyway. Maybe everything won't fall apart when he goes back to work after next week.

We had a good time with my mom visiting earlier this week. She and Molly dyed Easter eggs.


Kate is getting a little bigger. She doesn't fit in her newborn sleepers anymore. The doctor weighed her at a little over 9 pounds on Tuesday at her two-week check-up. She's starting to look a bit like her own person, too, and not just like a clone of baby Molly.


Kate has been cranky for the past few days. Her tummy gets upset so easily. I'm going through the process of trying to eliminate certain foods from my diet to see if that's what bothers her. I think she might be sensitive to chocolate just like Molly was. Good thing to figure out before Easter.

Here are the girls this morning playing on a mattress. Molly is fantastic at entertaining Kate. I guess they entertain each other, really. I'm just waiting for Molly to get fed up with the crying and the nursing and the baby taking our attention, but she hasn't so far. She gets a little weepy herself once in a while, but she still seems to think her baby sister is the best toy ever.

1 comment:

AnnaPK said...

Second (and I hope 3rd) kids need no toys. Having an older sibling is so awesome!