Friday, February 18, 2011

New babe

So, I've still got 6 weeks until the due date and I'm not sure where this baby's going to go as she keeps growing.

I'm only about 5 pounds heavier than I was at this point in pregnancy with Molly, but then when you consider you gain roughly a pound a week at this point and Molly was almost a week early -- this is about where I was when Molly was born!!!! No wonder I suddenly am having trouble standing in the kitchen for long periods of time. No wonder I can't bend over without grunting. Poor Molly has just reached the point where she finds it uncomfortable to sit on my lap and it's really bothering her. I tell her it's only temporary (while tactfully leaving out the part about how a nursing pillow is probably going to blocking my lap for the indefinite future once the big belly is gone).

This pregnancy has been an entirely different experience than the last in terms of our interaction with the health care system (knock on wood). With Molly, we got caught in a tangle of just-in-case tests and borderline results and a whole bunch of appointments that I still think had more to do with the hospital protecting themselves from malpractice suits than the health of the baby. With this baby, everything has been completely normal. Our appointments last about five minutes and mostly involve chatting with the midwives. I really hope it stays this smooth until the end. Our next appointment is at the beginning of March and then we start going in weekly. Weee!!! It's getting close!!!

3 comments:

mema said...

Julie and Jim, Best wishes for a wonderful birth! Congratulations
Mary Ellen And Tom

Tessa said...

I love belly pics!

Thea said...

Good Luck kids. I can not believe it is this close. Love you. Grandma