Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dentist

I finally got around to calling this morning to make Molly's first dentist appointment. Turned out they had an opening this afternoon and Molly was thrilled. She woke up from her nap with a huge grin.

She told me she was going to open her mouth for the dentist but I wasn't sure. When she went with Daddy for his last appointment to see what the dentist is all about, she snapped her mouth shut and refused to let anybody look inside.

Boy did she open her mouth! This hygienist said she might be the most agreeable 3-year-old she's ever worked on. She did absolutely everything the woman asked. She picked mint toothpaste (of all the kid-friendly flavors, including cookie dough -- ick! I think she chose wisely.) She let the woman scrape her teeth, floss, everything. She happened to be sitting on my lap when the dentist finally came in. All he did was look at her and she opened her mouth wide open. It was one of those moments that makes me wonder who this kid is and what she did with the baby I used to know. Could this be the same kid who freaked out at doctors' offices when she was 1 and who would burst into tears whenever a man she didn't know looked at her?

Here she is wearing silly green bug glasses ("Just like Eve wore silly glasses at the dentist," she says -- hooray for the age of blogs!!!)


Showing off her clean teeth while we waited for the dentist. She was so excited she kept showing me again and again. The hygienist brought over a mirror so she could see them herself.


She asked me to take a picture of her new toothbrush. I'm not sure anybody has ever enjoyed the dentist so much -- and that was before they loaded her up with lip balm, silly bands and a tiny toy ninja. Good times.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Hooray for blogs! And hooray for cooperative little girls! :) Great job Molly.

I do believe she cried even when men she DID know looked at her :) Glad those days are over.

See you soon!