Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Farm field trip

We went to Davis' Farmland yesterday with Family Partnership -- only $4 for both of us to get in when usually it would be about $32. Molly was a little confused on the way there, thinking I said "David's farmland" and asking if Lucy and Freddy would be there. :)

She was a lot more into the animals this year than last year, so that was cool. Most of the moms I know didn't go, though, so it was a little lonely from an adult point of view. I spent a lot of time sitting on benches watching Molly play. At one point she found a little toddler go-cart track: no kids, about a dozen Little Tikes cars and a plastic gas pump. She proceeded to carry the gas pump to each car one at a time, put the pump in the tank, put her arm on the roof of the car and look around for a few minutes, then remove the pump.

Here's Molly feeding the goats.

The best animal experience, I think, was the baby cow pen. We were the only ones in there with five very friendly cows.


Toward the end Molly gave them hugs and kisses.

We finished the day in the splash park. I was kind of avoiding this but it didn't look too crowded so we tried it. I'm glad we did. Molly had a great time.

She fell asleep in the car at 2 p.m. and napped until 5:30. I think she's a little burned out from all the activity lately.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I don't know that I approve of the two piece.