Thursday, June 3, 2010

Baa baa black sheep

Here's a project that kept us busy for a whole week at the end of May. I'm just now sorting through the pictures.

We got a huge, stinky, wonderful bag of raw wool from David and Anna to stuff in our trunk for our drive home, much to Jim's joy. I've never washed raw wool before. It was really gross and really exciting. I can't wait to do another one.
Here's what we did.

Dirty wool, right off the sheep:
After picking through it with rubber gloves, throwing away nasty bits, and washing (cringe) in the washing machine with dish soap and drying it in the sun, we got this. Look how white!

Molly helps card the wool to get it ready for spinning.

And models the yarn.


Then we decided to dye some of it in the microwave with Kool-Aid.


And we get this:


I can't wait to make something out of all this wonderful wool!!!














1 comment:

AnnaPK said...

I cannot believe I missed this post!!!!!!!! Grace mentioned it this morning and I was all 'what what?!?' It looks awesome!!!!!! I can't wait to make some of my own!!!!!!!!!