Saturday, June 6, 2009

Backyard wonderland

Molly and I went yard sale shopping this morning. Cool!! I've never shopped much at yard sales before, but there's so much stuff I want to get for Molly that she's going to outgrow quickly. Used and cheap seems to be the way to go. We got so much stuff!

Between some good finds today and some hand-me-downs from the neighbors, Molly finally has some entertainment in our own yard.

Here's her favorite toy at the moment:

Molly loves swings. She loves them at playgrounds. She loves the baby swing on the really nice backyard playground next door. Now she has her very own (hand-me-down, sun-faded) swing to love.

Jim just hung it up for her last night. He had her laughing so loud the neighbors were looking over the fence. He'd stand in her path, then dodge out of the way at the last minute (fancy ninja moves). Now every time we come around the corner and she sees the swing, she squeals. When I put her on it and Jim's not there, she says "Daddy" with every push.

I also got her a plastic wagon at a yard sale a few houses down the street this morning, which has already chauffeured the young princess around the yard many times today. We have a hand-me-down turtle sandbox and ride-on rocking dinosaur. We found a toy push mower at another yard sale and a play sprinkler. It's going to be a good summer.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like so much fun!! :o)

I have some good outdoor pics of Molly from Memorial Day weekend... I'll e-mail them to you sometime soon!