Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wild weekend

Molly thoroughly enjoyed a visit from Oma and Grandpa this weekend.

She played with the dog, made Grandpa read stories and cuddled up with Oma under a blanket last night when she developed a fever. She's feeling much better today, though she clearly misses everybody. She keeps looking out the deck door and making a panting sound.

The traumatic event, at least for me, is that one of my rabbits died. We lost Fathead, the shy black bunny who never really liked anybody but her bunny companion, Snow Plow. One day she was hopping around and playing with an empty tissue box, the next morning -- dead. I have some guesses about what happened, but I don't really know. I'm trying to give Snow Plow a lot of extra attention. I feel so bad for him. Those two bunnies had been together all their lives. Fortunately Snow Plow is not very bright and he doesn't seem to be spending too much time contemplating the tragedy. With a feverish baby, I haven't had much time to contemplate it yesterday, either. It's probably for the best.

2 comments:

AnnaPK said...

We are very sorry about Princess Fat head! I hope Snowplow continues to not give much notice to her absence.

; bn, m i h ihijj jijihjjihjgjiihhhyiumuummjmyiym
mkjummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmih
(Those are some personal words from Lucy. :) )

KimB said...

I'm so sorry about FatHead. Although we were archenemies for many years, I still succumbed to her cuteness. Hope you are all feeling better and hope to see you soon!