Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sniffles and play

Molly's fever is gone but today she woke up all congested. That didn't stop me from taking her to a new play group in town (her nose wasn't really running yet so that's OK, right?). There were at least a dozen toddlers in a big open room playing with cardboard blocks, crawl tunnels, puppets, balls, scarves, giant foam building blocks and each other. Molly pretty much sat in my lap and hugged me the whole time -- very unlike her. I blame her cold. She kept throwing me the "milk" sign and the "eat" sign. There's no food allowed but it was her snack time, so we huddled by her diaper bag and I snuck Cheerios into her mouth. Everybody was really friendly. I hope we get to go back.

The exciting side note about that trip is it finally gave me the kick in the pants to turn Molly's car seat from rear facing to front facing. My next-door neighbor offered to give us a ride in her van, which involved moving Molly's car seat into a different vehicle -- something we've never done before. Since we were moving it anyway, we installed it facing forward. Molly didn't really react until later in the day, when I put the car seat in my car facing forward. She giggled and seemed pretty excited on her first ride ... at least until we got out of our neighborhood. Then she had the same cranky outbursts she always has in the car.

Here are some random photos of Molly goofing around at home. Molly just figured out how to climb into the kitchen chairs (the trick is to come at them from the side and use the bars underneath as a step). Let the dangerous games begin.

Taking off her sock

Wearing my hat
Being goofy on the floor


2 comments:

AnnaPK said...

She is so cute! I just wrote a long post about Lucy being such a kid now. Molly is turning into a kid too! Give her a kiss for me, I miss her!

neenie said...

Think it's time you made a trip to Lima again - we miss you guys!! Love, G