Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One month!

We had Molly's one month doctor check-up this afternoon and she's doing great. She weighed in at 10 pounds, 15 ounces and her head is a full two inches bigger around than it was when she was born. So it wasn't just my imagination that she's getting bigger.

Yesterday we took her to Nashua for a little shopping. I nursed and changed her in the car, which was actually much more comfortable than I expected it to be. And we took her to On the Border, our favorite Mexican chain restaurant where we eat so often that the hostess and some of the waitresses recognize us. Molly was a perfect angel.

The lack of sleep is really starting to catch up to me. Jim stayed up late last night, trying for hours to soothe the baby to sleep. He got her to take the pacifier and finally did get her to drift off. It was such a gift for me! I woke up at 1 a.m. and realized that I had been asleep for hours. I found the two of them asleep in the living room, Molly in her bucket and Daddy looking very uncomfortable on the couch. We shuffled beds and Molly slept until almost 5 a.m.! It was the closest thing I've had to a full night's sleep in a month. It was beautiful.

In other news, I tried the breast pump for the first time yesterday. What a freaky contraption!!! I can't look at it while it's working because it's so absurd, it grosses me out. I pumped just a couple ounces, and a little more today to start slowly. We haven't tried feeding Molly the bottle yet, but there's no rush. We plan to use the bottle only occasionally, and there's a good chance she won't take it anyway. We'll see. It's worth a try.

No comments: