Monday, October 15, 2007

Little alien

I've taken to calling Tinkerbell my little alien because of the way she moves around in my belly. You can see it clearly through my skin and it's not just little kicks anymore. Sometimes she rolls around slowly and you can see the lump move and my belly shift -- it really looks like she's trying to bust out. It's just like something on the X-files.

Her baby crazies have gotten very strong. Sometimes she punches my internal organs so hard that I have to catch my breath. She's still craziest at night, usually when I lie on my right side to go to sleep and again around 3 a.m., no matter what position I'm in. I just hug my belly and follow her around with my hands. I don't know exactly what I'm feeling, but it's definitely parts of a person. Occasionally it feels like I'm actually holding a tiny baby, which is so cool!!!

The alien kicked and wiggled all through our first childbirth class Thursday night. It made it kind of hard to concentrate... well, that and the fact that the first thing we did was get down on the floor with mats and pillows and learn a relaxation exercise. Our homework is to practice this exercise (aka Jim has to give me a massage) to condition me to be able to relax just from him stroking my face or my arms. Even if I don't use any of these techniques during labor, I'm sure enjoying the homework.

No comments: