Saturday, August 25, 2007

Wiggly baby

We had a brief and uneventful midwife appointment Thursday. Baby's still healthy and exactly the size she's supposed to be.

Here's how I passed the time this week waiting for baby's arrival:

This is the first true quilt I've ever made. I've done pieced blankets before, but this actually has cotton batting and the quilt stitching on top. I made up the design myself.

I've been staring at it a lot since I finished.

Here's another view, on top of the crib dust ruffle I finished a couple weeks ago.


Now we just need to find the perfect crib to decorate with this stuff.

4 comments:

AnnaPK said...

Wow!!!

Tessa said...

That's beautiful! Did you guys make it to Ikea yet?

Julie said...

Yep, we got a dresser to use as a changing table but struck out on cribs. The ones we liked weren't in stock and the ones that were in stock had a dangerous gap between the crib mattress and the bars. The search continues.
Julie

lorada said...

We enjoy reading your blog and would have loved to comment sooner, but didn't know how. Your quilt is beautiful! It should be an heirloom.
We hope Tinkerbell is behaving herself! Love, Gram and Aunt Joyce

Aunt Grace tried to leave a comment, but had some problems. She thinks the quilt is so beautiful that it won't matter what crib you have!