Thursday, August 9, 2007

Birth center tour

We went on a group tour last night of the birth center at our hospital. It looked pretty nice. I especially liked the labor and delivery rooms. They're big and have adjustable soft lighting and giant beds that convert into all different positions. They have a jacuzzi tub, too, although the nurse said it's not used very often. One of the husbands on the tour said that was a shame and asked if dads could use it. The nurse said, probably not.

Meanwhile, here's what I've been up to: Nesting! I'm making bedding for the crib in peachy colors.

Also, we've been pet sitting a dog for one of my co-workers and this weird little creature has been waking me up early in the morning. Yesterday he got me up at 4:30 a.m. and he just wanted to be held. It's a frightening vision of the future.

As long as our baby doesn't look like this, I think we'll be OK.

2 comments:

Tessa said...

Did you notice you're down to 96 days?

Jim said...

I noticed I was down to 99 days, and since then I'm trying not to look.