Friday, August 17, 2007

Baby kicks

Wow, that floating baby picture is kind of freaking me out. Is that really what she supposedly looks like in there?

If so, I think the baby in the graphic should be doing more karate. Tinkerbell is a kicker. Now that I know what it feels like, I feel her move all the time. She's awake and kicking every night as soon as I lie down in bed. She also tends to kick in the morning when I'm driving to work and in the afternoon after lunch. It's so bizarre to be sitting in my office having a normal office conversation and to feel little kicks inside my body that nobody else is aware of.

That's exactly what it feels like, too -- kicking. It's a thump, like being kicked from the inside. Sometimes it's also a weird feeling like dropping down a hill on a rollercoaster, which I imagine is Tinkerbell swimming around or rolling over. I never felt any of the little butterfly wings or bubbles that everybody describes. She went straight to karate.

2 comments:

AnnaPK said...

Feeling the baby moving around is the best part of pregnancy! You have her all to yourself to enjoy. After Lucy was born i missed feeling her moving inside me. Savor it because once she is out you have to share her (and you'll be able to hear her cry).

Love to Tinkerbell from cuz Lucy, Aunt Anna, and Unkie Dave

Tessa said...

Anna's right, feeling baby moving is the coolest part of being pregnant. It's this little secret and special bond between mommy and baby. Very cool and I definitely missed it when babies were born. Enjoy! And remind yourself how special it is when Tinkerbell is a bit bigger and her karate is keeping you awake at night :)