Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day weekend

We had a great weekend but you'd never know it looking at the pictures. We went to VT for Lex's 7th birthday!! I even remembered my camera. Did I get a single picture of the birthday boy? NO! I got a lot of pictures like this ...



This was a safety day at the local high school. Molly was glued to Eve. They held hands. They made buttons, painted art projects, got fingerprinted, watched a dog demonstration. It was fun. The girls were so cute. I guess I was too busy watching and not snapping.

On the way home from their house Molly was almost asleep when she said, "Mommy, I want to live in New Hampshire." I asked her why. She said, "Because I love Eve so much."

(She meant Vermont. It was a long day.)

The pictures get worse from there. As in, we only have two pictures from the rest of the weekend. Do they capture the perfect weather? The hours that Jim played with Molly outside yesterday, carrying her around and making her giggle like a baby? The "flower gardens" that Molly has been making around the yard where she picks flowers and "plants" them in the dirt, all arranged like a garden? Kate being at perhaps the cutest age a human being ever goes through in their entire life?

Nope.

It's this.


Had to get out of the house Sunday so we could pretend we had a conflict with our next door neighbors' annual picnic, to which we were invited but didn't want to attend. This trip to Target just COULDN'T wait, right?
And this.
Back at the car after a mini hike at a nearby trail we'd never tried before.

That's right. Feel the excitement. Good times, great memories.


OK, maybe there was just one keeper in this photo collection. :)

Kate and her new best friend.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Eve and I agree with Molly. I think it's about time you start letting her make some of the major family decisions. :) Even NH would be fine! Alan's got an awesome company that would set you guys up and you could live tax free(ish)! I'm just sayin'.