Friday, October 28, 2011

First snow

I love the Internet. Last night I was checking my e-mail when I realized gmail had a snow background (it's set to reflect the weather where we live). So I lean over and open the blinds and, sure enough, our deck is covered in snow and pretty snowflakes are drifting down from the sky.

The snow was still on the ground this morning.

Wearing Halloween pants and shirt under the winter gear :)


First taste of snow of the season. Mmm, not bad.

In other excitement today, we put Molly's new car seat/booster in the car. We were going to wait until she was 4 and just put in a booster but it turns out she outgrew her convertible car seat already (she's actually 2 inches too tall for it, yikes!!!) That's fine because I like the idea of keeping her in a 5-point harness for a while longer. This one should last for a long, long time.


(In the background are the shirts I dyed this week. Fun fun!)

Also today, Kate finally ate her first spoonfuls of food. I'd kind of backed off introducing foods and trying to feed her last week because she gagged on everything and never really got much down.  I think she just wasn't ready. Then today she crawled across the floor into this toy, found an old Cheerio on it and ate it. (Yes, I was too busy taking pictures to intercept, oh well.)

She didn't gag or anything and we were about to eat lunch anyway so I mixed up some powdered rice cereal from the grocery store and gave her a spoonful as I was holding her. She went nuts for it! She ate spoonful after spoonful. It's the first time I've seen her actually suck food into her mouth, not just let it be scraped in. She had two spoons going at the same time.

I'm trying not to be offended that she didn't have this reaction four weeks ago to my homemade rice cereal. :)


Baby in new jammies. They're boyish, but I love them. They make me want to grab her and squeeze her.

Molly dressed herself and picked out Kate's clothes before school one day this week and I realized they were both wearing outfits from Oma. We had to get a picture of that.

Remember this one Anna? We are loving this hand-crocheted sweater. :)

Last weekend we checked out a farmer's market we'd never been to before because they had a special wool day. The sheep were cute and the vendors were nice but I really have no need for more wool right now. :) What was really fun was that the market was at an elementary school with a new playground.

Check out this three-story climbing structure!! Molly climbed a ladder to the second story and couldn't get down. She didn't even want to attempt the third level. Pretty cool, though.

Jumping off a rock on the way back to the car

No comments: