Sunday, October 2, 2011

First food

Kate seemed to know something was up this morning when we put her in the high chair at the breakfast table.


Then she saw the spoon coming and wasn't so sure.


She gagged a little bit on the rice cereal and spit most of it out. She liked the spoon, though.


I got her cleaned up and brought her out of the high chair onto my lap while I finished my breakfast. She reached for the little dish so I gave her a few more tiny spoonfuls of cereal and she ate it without trouble, and without much reaction.

Here she is later in the morning practicing sitting up. (She's able to hold herself up for much longer now and Molly's really good at catching her before she falls).


Kate's other big accomplishment is that yesterday she got herself up on her hands and knees. She holds herself up for a little while before falling on her belly. She just did it now as I was typing and she held it long enough for Molly to call me over but not quite long enough for the camera. We'll keep trying.

Happy half birthday, little baby!!!

No comments: