Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Wild weekend

Meeting Lucy's new pet, Franny the donkey.



Riding the horse at the mall carousel.


I'm just realizing that I took hardly any pictures all weekend. Molly and Lucy ran around chasing each other at Oma and Grandpa's house and I didn't get one picture!!! Oh, well.

We're all recovering now. We got only about four hours of sleep Sunday night after a rough drive in the rain and I had foolishly agreed to trade play group dates with a neighbor so I had house full of kids at 9 a.m. (felt like 8 because of the time change). Not surprisingly, my half-asleep self made muffins that overflowed their tin in the oven and the drips burned, making the house smell like burned muffins as people arrived. I can't recall any of the conversations or much of anything that happened. I just remember looking around at the aftermath -- muffins smushed on the kitchen floor, dirty dishes and toys everywhere -- and just crashing in bed with Molly for our nap. I slept for 2 hours. She slept for almost 4!!!

Molly's napping now and I'm surprised she hasn't woken herself up yet in a puddle. She somehow talked me into letting her sleep without a diaper. She's sleeping on an old waterproof crib sheet with a folded up towel on it. She thinks she can keep the towel dry. I seriously doubt it.

Here's just a little silliness from this afternoon.

No comments: