Saturday, March 6, 2010

Our week


Not much going on around here, just ordinary days. Yesterday Molly told me she was bringing her bath mitt puppets to the puppet store, which turned out to be the hallway linen closet, then shut herself in and freaked herself out. Our toilet overflowed, which set potty training back, oh, four months or so. You never know what's going to terrify Molly -- apparently water flowing out of the toilet is on the list.
We had lunch with our neighbor's house yesterday and Molly went without a diaper and used the potty there, which was a big step toward using the potty in public. Yay!!!
It's fun to watch her become more social with other kids. She's just starting to have conversations with Teddy and interact over toys, rather than just watch him and talk about him. Of course, he hit her once yesterday and I think tackled her once, too. I didn't see either incident, but she cried both times and said "I want to go home." Something about that reaction seems so big-kid to me and I can't quite pinpoint why.
We finished the day with a trip to the playground, where Molly got ordered around by a boy who it turns out is only about 4 weeks older than she is, but referred to her as "Baby." Fortunately she doesn't answer to "baby" anymore (as she's constantly reminding me), so she didn't seem to notice he was telling her what to do.
On the way there I asked her if she wouldn't rather just play outside at home and she said, "The playground is best, home is not best." Then, to herself, said, "I like sponges aaaand ... playgrounds, aaaand ... sweatpants."
Makes me wonder what other silly thoughts are floating through her head.

1 comment:

Grampy D & Grammy Lynn said...

Aaaahhhh.....Julie, 10 or 12 years from now you'll find out exactly what other "silly ideas" are in that sweet little head.:) <3